KLEM logo

KLEM NEWS UPDATE

09/04/2007

(ONAWA)–A NORTHWEST IOWA MAN WHO WAS BURNED LAST WEEK TRYING TO VENT PROPANE GAS FUMES HAS DIED.

MONONA COUNTY AUTHORITIES SAID A THIEF WHO STRIPPED COPPER TUBING FROM AN EXTERIOR PROPANE TANK CAUSED THE GAS BUILDUP IN THE HOME OF EIGHTY-YEAR-OLD EARL THELANDER OF ONAWA.

THELANDER SUFFERED THIRD-DEGREE BURNS WHEN HIS HOME EXPLODED AUG. 28 AFTER HE TURNED ON A FAN TO VENT THE GAS.

HE DIED SATURDAY NIGHT AT AN OMAHA HOSPITAL.

<– Back to Earl Thelander Articles

Tagged with:
 

Leave a Reply