Iowa Man Loses Fight for Life
Injured in propane explosion
A man injured in a propane explosion last week died in the hospital over the weekend.
Eighty-year-old Earl Thelander had been hospitalized since last Tuesday when he was burned over 40 percent of his body.
He was venting a home that he owns in Onawa when propane fumes ignited.
It’s believed the copper gas line was cut by thieves in search of scrap metal.
A funeral will be held Thursday for Thelander in his hometown at the First Christian Church.
Comments are posted from WOWT viewers and do not always reflect the views of the station.
Posted by: Kim on Oct 12, 2007 at 10:20 AM
My thoughts are with you, Doug, and the rest of your family … I lost my mother and father in that boating accident in mid-July. I know what it is like to wait for a miracle in the halls of the UNMC ICU. Know that you are not alone in the world of senseless deaths. I hope they can charge the thief with involuntary manslaughter = 1-20 yrs in prision. Many people will be thinking of you and watching the news to see this killer caught.
Posted by: Geo on Sep 3, 2007 at 09:25 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family. I pray that these thieves are caught before they harm anyone else so needlessly. And yes, I to hope they can be charged for much more than theft.
Posted by: Lisa on Sep 3, 2007 at 05:49 PM
I hope the copper thieves will be caught and can be tried for murder because of this! My heart goes out to Mr. Thelander and his family. I hope his family will find comfort in his long productive and loving life despite this senseless ending.
Copyright © 2007 WOWT
< — Back to Earl Thelander Articles
Leave a Reply