Onawa Man Injured in House Explosion
Associated Press – August 29, 2007 10:14 AM ET
ONAWA, Iowa (AP) – Western Iowa officials say an Onawa man suffered burns in a house explosion.
Eighty-year-old Earl Thelander was injured yesterday afternoon in the blast that happened in the basement of a vacant house he owns in rural Onawa.
According to the Monona County sheriff’s office, Thelander had just plugged in a fan to help vent fumes from a propane line that had been cut on a furnace during a burglary.
Officials say someone broke into the house and took copper waterlines and then tried to take the copper propane line.
After the explosion, Thelander drove to his home. He was taken to a hospital in Onawa, and then to a hospital in Omaha, Nebraska.
All content © Copyright 2000 – 2007 WorldNow and KWQC. All Rights Reserved.